Karen Davies, Director Museum Development
Karen oversees the programme as a whole.
Charlotte Edwards, Programme Manager, MDO Shropshire and Warwickshire
Charlotte manages the programme and also leads on Audiences and Children and Young People. This includes:
- Audience Champions, delivered in partnership with The Audience Agency, aimed at supporting museums to better understand their audiences through the collection of data using Audience Finder
- Secret Museums, a ‘mystery shopper’ programme for museums designed to explore the visitor experience
Helen Johnson, MDO Staffordshire
Helen leads on Collections. This includes:
- Expert Eye, an annual programme providing participating museums with specialist collections knowledge and expertise.
- Collections Knowledge Cafes, training on collections management and care
Michelle Davies, MDO Herefordshire and Worcestershire
Michelle leads on Workforce Development and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. This includes:
- Diversity Champions, a strategic programme designed for managers, trustees and decision makers to create more inclusive organisations
- Open to All, an annual programme to support West Midlands museums to make their buildings and collections more accessible
TBC, MDO Birmingham and the Black Country
Leads on Accreditation and Resilience. This includes:
- Resilience, a rolling programme of commissioned training and projects designed to encourage museums to take a holistic approach to the way in which they operate and are managed to ensure their future sustainability
- Technical Accreditation Advice, providing effective technical advice to enable museums to achieve and maintain Accreditation and also supporting the Accreditation Mentor network in the West Midlands
- Banish the Backlog, delivered in partnership with Collections Trust, this rolling programme is designed to help museums collect responsibly and be accountable in their collecting and documentation activity
Dawn Allman, MD Support Officer
Dawn produces the monthly newsletter, keeps the website news and events updated as well as sending out emails about the upcoming events and projects. Contact her if you have any questions about the Small Grant or the Annual Survey of Museums.